Mobile App Pre-planned Marketing Tactics To Consider
1.Study, Research and AnalyzeCollecting solid data is important in any task. If you don’t know where to start from where, always start with researching about your app. Get to know your competitors in the market, who have designed a similar application to that of yours.
- Read their social pages, listen to what their customers are telling about them.
- Understand their strengths.
- Identify their weakness to frame them as your opportunities
- Research on what medium they used to reach the audience
- Understand how they interact with users
- What kind of relevant keywords they are using?
2.Plan Early Start EarlyThey say that the early bird gets the worm. It is all about timing, when you plan your marketing campaigns and how well you have prepared your implementation strategy. Building a pre-plan will actually help you to
- Generate awareness about your mobile app
- Create an audience base that will look forward to your app launch
- While development phase itself you would have crossed your 1st stage of the marketing funnel (Awareness stage)
- Reach out to your inner circle, friends and family support to foster out impressions on a small social group
- Get interactive and useful feedback about your application when it crosses the MVP phase.
- Seek to potential users as early as possible and solicit their feedback into your marketing campaigns
3. Start a websiteYour mobile app will serve as an interactive medium to your users, while your website will act as your one-stop digital shop. Design and develop the website to expand your web presence to a wider range of your audience base.
- Publish expert blog articles which will create value for users and act as guidelines to learn about your application.
- Focus on enhancing your SEO factors, prefer including relevant keywords, meta tags, and H1 tags
- Create contests, quizzes or pre-launch giveaway marketing campaigns using your website as the interactive medium
- Encourage email sign-ups to form organic lead generation (you can start your email marketing campaign)
- A landing page can help you more conversions (here you can include download buttons to your mobile application)
- Optimize your mobile view of the website, since your target audience will look to download the app from your website.
4.Email MarketingOne of the traditional and oldest forms of digital marketing tactics. Email marketing is a valid channel if planned well. It is also considered being one of the cheapest ways of marketing channel to sustain the early stages of marketing with minimal budget allocation. When you engage the people with your email contents, there is a higher chance of them becoming your customers. Well defined, personalized subject line email has 29% of higher open rate.
Also, subscribers may not open your email, but with the subject line, they can track your progress. Email marketing clubbed with creating landing pages or running lead generation campaign will help you have customers for your application while your product is still in the development phase.
5.Blogging should be your bread and butter
Updating your blogs with contents about your mobile application helps you grow fan base and also attract new audience groups.Search for relevant keywords using google keyword planner. You can maximize your SEO rankings and optimize the search queries for which your users are searching for on the internet. Example: If your app is related to diet and lifestyle, research for terms, questions and relevant words in this narrative space. Your users might not sometimes exactly type “Diet tips” or “lifestyle tips” into google search engine. Understanding your audience by extending your search query research into a deeper dimension can unlock many potential answers for your SEO marketing plans.